Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I WON!


Did you know you can sign up to win free books on Goodreads? I didn't either until the other day when I was browsing their site and signed up for a bunch of chances to win. And...I won!

It's called the Wee Musketeers by Robert Bresloff and illustrated by Daniel Ziembo. The description reads: It was the 1960s and there wasn't much else for three eleven year old boys to do in the small town where they lived. Playing with wooden swords they would act out the novel, Bobby pretending to be Athos, Fritz, Porthos and Keith, Aramis. But since there was only three they had no D'Artagnan. How the boys longed for a D'Artagnan to complete their games. Little did they know that the book Grandpa Max read to them was magic. given to him by a mysterious old woman at a book sale, Bobby's grandfather quickly discovered he could transport himslef into the stories. Grandpa Max realized that he had interfered with the story enough to change the book, unwittingly getting Athos, Porthos and Aramis captyured by the Cardinal guards to keep them from helping D'Artagnan, he summoned Bobby and his friends to join him and help repair the damage. If they failed every copy of The Three Musketeers would change forever.

I can't wait to read it! I'll let you know how I like it.

No comments: