Thursday, January 29, 2009

Great recipe

I tried out a great new recipe yesterday that I found on the Crockpot 365 site and I just had to share. It is delicious! Lucy even loved it. The only downside is a house that still smells like fish this morning. Oh well, it was worth it. Enjoy!

Fish Chowder

1 lb of white fish (I used frozen Orange Roughy)
3 cups of chicken broth
9 baby potatoes (or 5 larger ones)
1 cup frozen roasted corn
1/2 white onion
handful baby carrots
heart of celery
3-4 cloves of garlic
1/2 t black pepper
salt (to taste, especially if using homemade broth)
2 cups frozen shrimp (to add later)
1 cup heavy whipping cream (to add later)

--chop up all the vegetables. I used my handy-dandy Pampered Chef chopper
--cube the fish, it's okay if it's still frozen.
--dump everything except the cream and the shrimp into your stoneware insert

cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the potatoes are tender. If your veggies are too big for your taste, use an immersion blender to smooth it out.

30 minutes before serving, stir in your cup of cream and the frozen shrimp. Turn your crockpot to high for the last 30 minutes.

Serve with a bit of fresh parmesan cheese.

No comments: