Friday, January 2, 2009

A Happy New Year

Here it is the 2nd of January and guess what I am thinking about??? Resolutions, of course. I have heard so many people this year say that they are resolving not to make any resolutions...but isn't that what the new year is all about? Change? Growth? If you know me you know I thrive on change. I have moved 46 times in my 47 years. That should be a hint right there.

No, we are not moving...but I do love change. So, what can I change (for the better) in my life in 2009? There are SO MANY possibilities. The usual: lose weight, exercise, eat right, get enough sleep, don't watch so much tv, and the list goes on and on. But I want some NEW change. What will it be? Simplify my life (declutter), enrich my mind (go back to school), develop a new talent or resurrect an old one that has been dormant (learn to play the piano, get back to sewing and quilting), be a better wife and mother (spend more time doing what Jim and Lucy want to do).

As I ponder these options I get tired and want to say forget it all. I am not going to make any resolutions. But that is the easy way out. What am I afraid of...success??? So I will sit down today and make some decisions and write some goals and maybe I will even share them here so I can be accountable to someone. We shall see...

Happy resolution making to those of you brave enough to join me, and a very HAPPY and PROSPEROUS and PEACEFUL 2009 to you all.

No comments: