Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Winter Musings



Well, here we are in Southern California, in the desert and what to our wondering eyes should appear? SNOW??? Can I tell you how much I hate snow?!!! I grew up in Alaska, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming...yes...all snowy places. I am sick to death of the shoveling, freezing, slipping, sliding, slushing, mucky mess. Do I sound like Scrooge? Well I am when it snows 3 inches and it closes every freeway, highway and biway from Los Angeles to our house. My poor hubby drove around for hours trying to find a way to get home and could not. Instead, he, 6'4" big guy, slept in his "clown car" Toyota Prius on the side of the road. There was no room in any of the inns...Bah Humbug!

1 comment:

Jolinda said...

I know this was a few weeks ago...you'd never make it looking out my window every day! That's why you live there, and I live here! I actually LIKE the snow because of Alaska. Funny, hu? Warmth is in your blood I think. (c: Enjoy your warmth, I have to make my own. I don't go far from the fireplace on days like today. Love you!