Friday, February 6, 2009

Tagged Again! All About My Firstborn

My friend Lisa Lanphear tagged me, so here goes...

1. WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Yes, and no. Yes, we had been trying for almost six years. No, she was a surprise. I thought I had the flu.



2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
So incredibly happy and frightened at the same time.

4. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
I found out a few days before my 43rd birthday.



5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
Grocery store pregnancy test.

6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Husband

7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
I already knew she was a girl, but at every ultrasound I kept asking them to be sure.

8. DUE DATE?
June 21, 2005…she came a month early.

9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
I threw up only once my entire pregnancy. The rest was calm.

10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Vanilla milkshakes, shrimp (done any way), and steak.

11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
I can't remember being irritated.

12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Female



13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No!

14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
None, I lost 16 pounds.

15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Two of them, one from my work buddies and one from my church friends. They were wonderful to me. Lucy got SO MUCH STUFF!



16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew.

17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
Gestational diabetes. Giving myself shots in the belly three times a day was definitely a complication!

18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Antelope Valley Hospital

19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Water broke at 1:30 a.m. she delivered C-section at 1:30 p.m.

20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
My sweet hubby, Jim.

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Jim

22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
C-section, she would not move down the birth canal.

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
I had an epidural that worked on my left side but not my right side. So, I had pain on the right the whole time and felt the scalpel cutting me till it got to the center of my belly.

24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
6 lbs 14 oz

25. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Lucy LaRae

26. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
Three

So, if you are a mom you are now tagged!

No comments: