As promised, just a day late...
1. Who were your three favorite speakers? President Uchtdorf, Sister Wixom and Elder Lawrence
2. Favorite talk? Sister Wixom's talk about holding onto our children.
3. Favorite hymn sung during Conference? Tell Me the Stories of Jesus
4. Who wore the best tie? I didn't pay attention to the ties.
5. Do you think conference had a “theme”? Listening to and following the current prophet.
6. Share a few of your favorite quotes (paraphrasing is fine).
Sister Wixom "The world will teach our children if we do not."
President Uchtdorf "Love is spelled T-I-M-E." and "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
Elder Andersen "Choose not to be offended or ashamed."
President Eyring "Trust in God can bless individuals, cities, and nations."
Presidet Packer "The Lord is voting for me, Lucifer is voting against me, it is MY vote that counts."
Sister Cook "We must not do anything we don't want to see our children do."
President Monson "Focus on blessings and not on what we lack."
Elder Lawrence "Parents are responsible for the protection of their children, their spiritual protection too!"
7. Something that made you smile during conference. President Monson always makes me smile. He is such a happy, cheerful man.
8. Any evidence that your children paid attention? She worked on her General Conference packet and was always excited when she saw President Monson.
9. If you had to give a talk in General Conference (don’t faint, this is hypothetical), what do you think you’d speak about? Staying strong in the faith. Not giving in to Satan's power.
10. What are some of your post-conference goals?
Start learning "For the Strenghth of Youth" now with Lucy.
Spending more time searching the scriptures for answers to my questions.
Having more meaningful personal prayers.
TAG, You are IT!