Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So many things to blog…

I have so many things that I want to say today that I don’t know where to start. That is the story of my life. I get so overwhelmed by things that I end up doing nothing…is that scary or what? So, at least I am writing something.

Lucy has been obsessed with writing on her body since she was about 18 months old. We have this conversation over and over about how our bodies are very special and we need to take care of them and keep them clean and not mark on them. Well, we had it again today when I discovered that she had taken her Disney Princess stamp markers and stamped all over her feet, her jammie pants, and the carpet. What is a mom to do? Into the “time out” corner she went where she cried and said she wouldn’t do it again (same story every time by the way…you moms know what I mean). I let her stay there until I had cooled off and then took her to the sink to wash her off AGAIN. She smiled up at me and said “Mom, I love you” and of course that makes it all okay again. My big problem is my imagination…I think…what happens when she decides to get a tattoo and it won’t wash off? Will she come home one day and say “Mom, I love you” and then roll up her sleeve or pant leg, or worse??? It is really hard to press the point of our bodies not being marked on when EVERYONE we see almost everywhere has a tattoo. What’s a mother to do?

P.S. No photos…batteries on the camera are dead and I have no wheels to go get more…so just imagine it.

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

Ask your mom what a mother is to do! What did she do with you as a teenager in the wilds of Alaska roaming the streets until all hours of the night??? I guess what goes around really does come around. Whew! At least I don't have kids to get my moms curse!